Wednesday, September 22, 2010

A Wordy Wednesday

Instead of having only pictures today, I have only words.  The sun is shinning, the air is cool, the coffee is good and our school work is done for the day.  I'm sitting here at piano lessons enjoying some free time while someone else teaches my kids.  We got so much accomplished today and even squeezed in a science collage on the sun and we finished our fresco paintings.  On the drive over to piano lessons I listened to the boys discuss the most recent license plate from out of state that was spotted.  All summer they have been trying to spot them all.  We drive by truck stops and through parking lots keeping an eye out.  Seeing a Washington DC would be the grand prize.  I also listened to them talk about a map they were looking at. The oldest was pointing out how to travel through the different waters ways in the Seattle area.  During all this the 4 year old, soon to be 5 was singing his ABC's and making up silly verses to go with it.  I just drove in pure bliss that no one was fighting, or talking about Pokemon or Bionicle or using rude words.  My boys were being little gentlemen for a few minutes and I was one happy Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment