Thursday, August 23, 2012

Disney Day 3...

Actually day three was spent at California Adventure Park but it's still Disney.  This summer a brand new section opened called "Cars Land."  I knew there were a few specific rides and one show we didn't want to miss but other than that we were a little lost.  I asked a Grandmother while standing in line what we should do first.  She said to get in line for the "Fast Pass" to Radiator Springs. 
The Pier
At 7 am we entered and immediately noticed the crowd was different in this park.  There was a huge group of people that rushed all the way to Cars Land.  I almost got caught up in the crowd but got turned back around and found the line for the Fast Pass.

Even though I waited in this line for an hour because the Pass machines don't start operating until 8am it was worth it.  While I waited in line, Josh took the boys and explored the minor attraction rides with no lines or wait times.  Once I got the passes it told me the time to report to the ride and we would go to the front of the line.  People were saying without the Fast Pass it can take 2 hours of waiting in the regular line.  So, we had 2 hours to spend before it was our time and the park was nearly empty because like I said almost EVERYONE ran to Cars Land to wait in line.
Grizzly River Run had no line so we hopped on.  It might have been a bit early in the day for this ride and I should have had the boys in their swim shorts because we got WET!  And those sitting next to the openings got really WET.  One of those people was me!  The Scientist also got soaked and he was not happy about it.

Thankfully the weather was so hot, being wet wasn't too uncomfortable for the rest of us.

I wish I could accurately describe one of the best rides at California Adventure.  It's "Soarin' Over California."  This ride goes above and beyond your basic simulator or IMAX movie.

That row of chairs rises into the air and our feet dangle as we watch an enormous screen that flies us over California.  SO COOL!

It was now time to head to Cars Land.
 These cars are so neat looking.  So shiny and new.
 Six people can ride per car.

That's us.  At the front of the line.  Yay for Fast Pass!

OK, just for comparison.  The "Autopia" ride at Disneyland opened in 1955.  Although the cars have gone through 7 different versions and updates it's still only a 2 person, jerky, bumpy, tough to steer, stinky go-kart motor ride.
AUTOPIA
This is 25 seconds of the calm part of the ride. I just love hearing the Professor say "Wow! Mom, look at the view!  Wow!"   I'm also amazed at the detailed land that was created from what use to be empty lot of dirt.
Photo opt in the bright, bright California sun.
 

After a few more rides we caught the noon show at the theater, "Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular." We were so thankful to be out of the sun.  This park doesn't seem to have the shade that Disneyland has.  

By the time we made it back to the hotel around 1:30 I was done.  My body was saying "no more!"  I slept for 4 hours, opted out of dinner and stayed in that evening with two tired kiddos while Josh took the 6 year old back to the park for more evening fun.  




2 comments: