Tuesday, August 21, 2012

ESPN dinner & Jedi Training...

We had an early dinner that day in order to make it back to the Park to catch the last Jedi Training show at 4:35 pm.  We chose the ESPN restaurant.  It's the first building in Downtown Disney and sits right next to the Rainforest Cafe.  Words can not describe what I felt when we sat down.

And because a wall of screens is not enough... there was another screen at our table.  Interactive touch screen and all.  It's no surprise the waitresses have to repeat themselves multiple times when taking orders.  The food was amazing though, some of the best we encountered.

After dinner we hopped on the Monorail and headed for Tomorrowland. 
 Jedi Training Academy is an interactive show for Star Wars fans of all ages.  I'd read about this in the guide books and knew it would be a highlight of our trip.  From an audience of 60 or more people roughly 20 kids are chosen to train with a Jedi Master.  Kids are chosen by how enthusiastically they wave their hand in the air and smile.  My oldest didn't want to participate but the other two did.  I knew I had to make sure they were chosen.  We didn't come all this way to sit in the audience.  So, I enthusiastically (obnoxiously) waved my hands and smiled real big behind them.  Thankfully they were chosen pretty quick. 

After being issued a robe and light-saber the kids are taken through a few basic offense and defense moves. (The little guy had to stand in the brightest sun so he's a bit squinty but he's totally into it.)  Then... Darth Maul and Darth Vader show up!  Each student is challenged to a duel.


 Here's the short video of each of my boys and their battle with the dark side.

In the end the students are victorious and the voice of Yoda congratulates them all and makes them official Padawans. 
My boys are the 1st and 18th in the line.
The Scientist still admits in amazement "I can't believe I was chosen.  I can't believe I'm a Padawan!"

Aaahhhh, the magic of Disney!

2 comments:

  1. You are such a good mom! Of course your boys got chosen. :-) I love all your planning for this adventure.

    ReplyDelete