Monday, January 7, 2013

My First Dutch Puff...

 The boys and I had another opportunity to care for chickens over the weekend.  These girls were averaging about 12 eggs a day so I had to try out the Dutch Puff oven pancake recipe that is so famous in these parts.  I took a basic recipe and one with a bit more flavor and combined the two and doubled the recipe.  
Since I've never tasted the recipe before I have no idea if I got it right.  But here's the end result.

4 comments:

  1. Looks good, but we call it a "Dutch Baby" ;D

    For the topping, we like sour cream mixed with brown sugar. Yum!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds yummy. I just sprinkled a little powdered sugar and a little syrup around the edge of the plate. I'm not sure it turned out right. It was very thick and solid.
      I tried calling it a Dutch Baby and all the boys in house went in an up roar about eating babies. It was so obnoxious. I had to stick with referring to it as a type of oven pancake. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Boys, by definition, are obnoxious. Yesterday I heard, "I don't like pancakes because it's Tuesday and I'm a lemon," followed by insane giggling. It made no sense to me, but they were lost in boy world and loving every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful! If you ever have another surplus of eggs, I'll give you my grandma's recipe for custard. It's fantastic....

    ReplyDelete