During the month of December I find it easier to take the week off before Christmas for holiday break as well as the week of Christmas. That means that, to stay on track I have to start school back up the week after Christmas. So, on Monday December 31st we started back with our routine.
Thankfully, Josh is home on vacation to lend a hand and nip any whining in the bud. Having him home also allows me to schedule a FULL day of lessons, work and activities. These past two days have been wonderful. We are back in a routine, on schedule and having some fun. (Is it strange to write routine, schedule and fun in the same sentence?)
It's full steam ahead!
After today's science lesson the boys had an activity to complete outside and even though it was cold they enjoyed it.
Their task was to measure out and draw a life size 9' x 6' leatherback sea turtle.
The Professor was in charge of the measuring.
The Architect was in charge of the drawing.
And the Scientist helped decorate the back.
I loved hearing the Scientist say "WOW, it's sooooo BIG!"
That's HUGE!
ReplyDeleteI love it... yes, I too think "routine" and "schedule" and "fun" belong together!
Julie
I want you to homeschool me. That'd be great!
ReplyDeleteYour are super sweet! Thank you.
Delete