Monday, February 17, 2014

Friendly Valentines...

When Christmas is over and January arrives, I'm amazed at the time I have to just sit and be still.  But those who know me, know I don't sit still very well.  January become the perfect month for me to rest from the holidays and sit for a spell with a knitting project which can be turned into a friendly valentine for friends.
 This year my project was a crochet one.  I had to learn a few stitches and a bit of the lingo to read a pattern.  Once up and running I could crochet a kitchen scrubby in one hour.  It was loads of fun.  Although, I did make too many one day and gave myself tennis elbow.  Ha!
What better way to spend the dark months of January and February than to stare at the pretty colors of pink and purple.

6 comments:

  1. And we love ours! I jokingly told the kids you sent the valentine to them because they are the ones that do all the dishes. They have taken ownership of it and named it "Murphy."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't named mine, but love it!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad! I think I may need to make some in spring colors.

      Delete
  3. I love mine too! And realized I never thanked you for it. Thank you!!! I will try to think of a name for her and get back to you ;o)

    ReplyDelete