Monday, September 7, 2015

The Great Tuna Adventure...

Any time I can something I've never canned before I have to take pictures!
This time it was Albacore Tuna.  Josh went on a 12 hour fishing trip out of Westport with a few people from work.  They caught 45 Tuna and Josh brought home 7.




 We decided by necessity to can about half of it and freeze the other.  It was a bit of a scramble to make it happen.  I didn't have jars ready or a pressure canner.  I was ready to prep my jars at home and drive to Tami's house to can them but ended up borrowing a neighbor's 1970's pressure canner.

It worked!
Two days later, we had 18 pints of cooked tuna ready for the shelves!


 

2 comments:

  1. That is quite possibly the coolest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to taste it. How were the tuna steaks on the BBQ?

    ReplyDelete