I love this girl! She was serious about that apple and not pleased her shoe was coming off.
The selfie is my only way to say "HI, I was here too!"
Yummy Honeycrisp!
The boys can eat a lot of apples during apples season but not quite 140 lbs worth. Plus, I don't have a way to store them. We've already had a critter come into the garage so that was out of the question.
I turned about 45 lbs of them into dehydrated apple slices which are already GONE! Those slices are tasty and it's hard to stop eating them once you start. Just ask the Architect.
She really liked seeing them!
Then I made a small amount of apple sauce - twice, but it won't last the
whole winter. This food preserving stuff is a lot of work and we never
ration it out like we should. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth the work
in today's busy world.
I can put frozen blueberries in just about anything and Blossom loves it.
She likes applesauce anyways so blueberries are a bonus!
And the boys used a few apples for caramel apples. Great job guys!
Another terrific post with beautiful pictures! Home preserving is a fun family activity, and oh so satisfying.
ReplyDeleteLove that little girls laugh, and usually so happy--even her pouts make me smile 😊
ReplyDelete