Saturday, October 30, 2010

When given the time...





Each day the boys have plenty of time to play.  Uninterrupted, quiet, focused play.  They usually never all do it at the same time so it's not like the house is magically quiet, peaceful and serene for a period of time each day it just happens randomly.  For a few days the 5 year old has been busy in one of the play rooms setting up all his little figures into a humongous epic battle.  It's so amazing!  I'm not sure if I would have done that when I was little and I certainly wouldn't have the patience for it now.  But I find it fascinating.  Children are fascinating.  I could observe them for hours. (Behind glass, in a quiet room, sipping my tea and taking notes.)   Often I think I should have gone into some type of early childhood education or O.T.  But when I was young and going to college, children were the last thing on my mind.





1 comment: