Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to School...

Vacation is over and we are back to the routine of school.  The oldest asked yesterday when we were going to start again and when I said tomorrow he said "oh good."  This morning he was happy to be back to the routine and he even said school was too easy today.  I like that when we have vacation now I really let the kids have a vacation.  When they were in public school I always tried to cram extra learning into vacation days.  Vacation days now are very unstructured except for meals and the kids get a good break.
Today we got back into things with the major subjects.  We played math bingo called VALUE instead of starting a new lesson.  They worked in some workbooks we did a craft that came from a HIGH FIVE magazine, went outside and also to the library.  Here are a few pics from our paper bag town craft.




1 comment:

  1. Love being "back at it", too. We've been comparing and contrasting life in Northwest Washington with life in South Korea, where our younger daughter was born. Having tons of fun with it. Love your paperbag town. SO fun!!

    Marie Sutherland

    ReplyDelete