A few months ago I was reading a blog
(here) and learned about the company
Corp of Re-Discovery. They are a family owned, homeschooling business that has the greatest leather craft kits. They sell them under the heading of American Indian, Frontiersman or Colonial Days Themes. I purchased the American Indian Special Package because I wanted enough crafts for all the boys to participate at their own level. As soon as the package arrived the boys wanted to get started but, I made them wait. I knew I'd need a few more hands if everyone was going to work at the same time so I set up a time to head to Mom's for the weekend. Papa helped as well as my brother. Things went very smoothly.
The leather fringe pouch is an excellent easy craft and our 7 year old was able to sew it together after some instruction. His hands got a little tired and he took a few breaks before it was completed.
My 5 year old with the help of his Uncle made the Bear Claw necklace and head band.
The moccasins are probably the best craft for your money but very difficult for small hands to put together. My 10 year old a hard time getting the front part tight enough so I had to help with that. We haven't finished this project yet.
This is the tomahawk made with a leather blade. Cool Stuff for boys.
Some finished products.
No comments:
Post a Comment