Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Just Peachy...


I did it!  I canned fresh peaches from Wenatchee, Washington.  We picked up a case on our way back from camping last week.  We also brought home a case of pears.  (I'll get to those next week.  They're still ripening.)  We must keep Grandma Patty in stock with fresh jarred pears for her holiday spiced pears.  Yummy!

Before...
My helper...

Taking a 30 minute water bath...

After...
Six down and 5 more to go.  I was able to complete the second batch in half the time and pack the jars a bit more full.  It's amazing how they compact together in the jar while processing for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. We have a guy that brings cases of fruit from Wenatchee...only mine don't last long enough to can. The best I can do is grab the last pound or two that is too ripe and make one jar of jam. I'm scraping the bottom of our pears now. But I did manage to dry a half a case of peaches in my dehydrator. It was nice to have at the OR today:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to dehydrate some of the pears. My neighbor gave me some last year and they are so good. I didn't even think about dehydrating the peaches but that sounds awesome too.

    ReplyDelete