Sunday, November 27, 2011

New Traditions...

We started a couple new traditions this year for the holiday season.  The first one is "Elf on the Shelf."  I'd never heard of this until a month or so ago and the other night there was even a Christmas special on TV made from the book.  It's super cute and the kids enjoy finding the elf each morning in a different location in the house. 

The other two, new traditions are related to our nativity.  I might post some pictures of it in a later post.  The wise men will be "en route" to the stable all December.  Traveling through the house on their journey to see baby Jesus in the manger ~ who is not in the manger yet because it's not Christmas morning yet.  We've never done this before.  We've always just set up the whole nativity and that was that.  I think this is more fun and meaningful.

 What are your traditions?  Blog about it and leave a comment that links to your blog.
  I enjoy learning about the traditions of others.

No comments:

Post a Comment