Friday, November 18, 2011

Skipping School...

It's Friday morning, around 9:20 and I'm sitting in my house and it's quiet.  The first snow has come and the boys are suited up in snow gear and outside playing.  The time is ticking as to how long I'll have in this quiet.  All I hear is the tapping on the keyboard and the tick tock of a clock.  
School will be postponed an hour or so today.  When the boys come in they'll have rosy cheeks and drippy noses and be ready for hot cocoa and toast.  They'll be ready to warm up and calm down.  School should run pretty smoothly today. **UPDATE** It's now 2:30 in the afternoon and school has not gone smoothly.  :-(  Disrupting the routine disrupts the day. 

 A few days back our wonderful neighbor hosted us for a craft.  We're working on setting up a monthly craft alternating each month in our homes.  In October, I had them over to paint pumpkin jars and for November she had us over to make Thanksgiving woven place mats.  I was so impressed with how they turned out.  We covered them with contact paper and they will be on our Thanksgiving table next week.  We are so very thankful to have these neighbors.  They are a true blessing to us.




1 comment: