Sunday, December 4, 2011

Lynden Lighted Christmas Parade...

The Lynden Lighted Parade is a pretty big deal in these parts.  This is only our 2nd time attending and there's a quick learning curve on how to dress in order to enjoy a parade from the streets in December in Northwest Washington.  You dress for cold and snow.  It's not likely to snow but dressing for it keeps you warm.


I always think of tractors decked out in lights when I think of this parade.


I'm so impressed when I see entries like this.



Or this one.

Two more.


I tried to capture the little ones face and his joy. 


When it was over we walked to our car as we listened to the Church Bells chime a Christmas carol at the top of the hour.  Then the horse drawn wagon passed in front of us.  These are the things memories are made of.

1 comment:

  1. Looks fun! We went last year, and decided to go on home this year. After Tuba Christmas and Messiah, we were kind of pooped ;D

    Saw your comment about places... that was the Peterson Tree Farm, in Deming. I don't put anything that is really clearly identifying on the blog. As the boys get older, I'm less paranoid (!) but don't feel like advertising exactly where we are, y'know?

    I figure most local folks recognize the locations :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete