We bought a DSi for the boys this Christmas. One of the games they play on it is called Super Scribblenauts.
This game was intended for the Professor being that he is 11 and really good at spelling. But this is a super fun game and not at all mindless. I've spent a few hours playing the challenges and the other day I notice the Architect (age 8) working on it.
He likes the free mode of play where he can pick his own background and make his own characters. In order to do this though you must SPELL everything.
I finally got him a dictionary to look at because it does get a bit old verbally spelling out every word for him. During this session he was busy trying to create a knight and some armor for him. Another time he created a couple football players and gave them separate colors to wear. Then he made one the "receiver" and they played catch. Today, he was busy making an old west town and needed help spelling "Sheriff, assistant, diner, big hungry buzzard and outlaw." From what I gather the buzzard was suppose to eat the outlaw but it didn't work so he had a big shoot out instead. Think I can count this as language arts learning time?
No comments:
Post a Comment