I've been reading a couple blogs lately that have mentioned the "100 days of real food" challenge. I checked out some of the recipes and decided to try the homemade whole wheat tortillas.
It calls for avocado oil. I looked a couple places but I couldn't find it so I just used regular. I'm sure it would have been better with a more flavorful oil like avocado.
Making the dough is the easy part.
Rolling out a round shape is the hard part.
Most of the family ate bean and cheese burritos with them. One had peanut butter on his and I tried some tuna that was already made up.
They take a long time to cook up (I really didn't need to make a double batch) and I probably won't make them again unless I do find some avocado oil.
Oh, I'm cracking up about the tortillas. Another bloggy friend was excited about making her own tortillas and I (NOT a gourmet) thought, "It seems like a lot of work for a little flour shell, when the good stuff is in the middle."
ReplyDeleteI think you've confirmed that thought!
They look good, though!
Julie
I agree, it's a lot of work for a mediocre product. I'll stick with the 5 dozen I can buy at Costco at one time. :-)
Delete