Thursday, September 20, 2012

Washington has a Kangaroo Farm . . .

We visited a Kangaroo farm today.  I find it strange that it's called a farm but I was told that it is possible to buy a kangaroo for a pet here.  Why anyone would want to do that is beyond me. 
Yes, that's my son with the bright red camo pants and tie die shirt.  Ya gotta love the fashion sense of the 6 year old.

I think this is a Wallaby.  I don't know.  I often missed the names of the animals as I was standing in the back.  OK, because I was chatting with friends.  It was a Cub Scout Field Trip.

 This little Joey is nervous about all the people and kids and wants to hide.
 

 That's an ostrich over there.  Did you know an ostrich eye is bigger than it's brain?
Amazingly, the animals were incredibly gentle. 
 Thank goodness because we let our kids do this!  They pellet fed the llama from their mouth.

What a fun day!

5 comments:

  1. where is this "farm" sometimes I think my brain is smaller than my eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *giggle* :-) There is a link in the word "here." Click on it and you'll be taken to the Kangaroo Farm website. It's down in Arlington.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking my boys! They had a great time and I got so much done around here! Wish I was there to talk with you in the back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok now I require we attend a Mariners game and Kangaroo Farm next time I visit :o) Also, I want a pet kangaroo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ok, we'll go to the Kangaroo farm next time you visit.

      Delete