Monday, May 27, 2013

A Time to Serve . . .

Serving the community is one of our family's favorite parts about Scouting.
Last week the Cub Scouts had the opportunity to help the city of Ferndale by marking storm drains.  
Stencils and paint were provided by the city.  All we had to do was walk through a neighborhood and mark each one.  
 After a few tries the boys were doing a great job.
 Not too much paint and not too little.  Just right.

"On my honor, I will do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country..."


Today...
the Professor and I got up at the crack of dawn (that's 5:00am) for Memorial Day.  We helped our Scout Troop place small American flags on the graves of Veterans in the Lynden Cemetery.


I hope they remember these times.

A link here for further reflection.  Pray for faith strong families to stay in scouting so that good work can continue to be done for God's glory. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks to you and the other scouting families for community service that makes a difference. And the family picnic was a great way to top it off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An awesome tribute to those who gave their lives for our freedoms. It was nice to name those family members that are veterans and served our country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did the No Dumping Drains to Water signs when I was in college in Bozeman MT years ago. I loved that project! I'll have to keep that in mind for my Girl Scout troop.

    ReplyDelete