But I've found a beautiful benefit. Less than 5 minutes from the Professor's Math class is Whatcom Falls. It's been years and years since we've visited the falls. The last picture I remember is Josh holding a wee little Professor in his arms while standing near the water. Ten years! What is wrong with us!
There are so many things to do, see and visit in this area. It's impossible to see and do them every year. Growing up in Fairbanks, Alaska we never had this problem. In the summer we had a handful on places to visit and the same goes for winter. (Spring and Fall don't count.)
So, while the Professor is in class learning Pre-Algebra, I'm hanging out with my youngers. Enjoying "new" places and making memories.
Even with all this "free time" we still found time today to fit in Math, Science, Geography, Health, PE, Spelling, Reading, and Handwriting. Some of it was done in a workbook and some was done through discussion or hands on learning.
In many ways it felt like we were playing hooky.
But this is the freedom of homeschooling and I'm so glad we are truly free this year.
I absolutely love your photo of the mossy bridge and the ferns around it!
ReplyDeleteThank you for the kind words. I'm no photographer but it's great fun to have a nice picture pop up from time to time.
Delete