Sunday, September 21, 2014

A Week in Review...

We started school last Monday.  Things went pretty well.  Only the spider in the window stopped us for a short time.

The biggest challenge I see this school year is adjusting to the new math curriculum for the Professor.  We're using Harold Jacobs Algebra instead of Math-U-See.  It's not quite as user friendly but we just have to get use to the layout, wording and method of  delivery.  If it doesn't end up working for me, I'll have to pass it off to Josh and if it still doesn't work then we will switch back to Math-U-See.  But Harold Jacobs is what all the veteran math teachers in our community swear by.  We'll see.

Josh and I managed a date night last weekend to Langley to see the movie "The Game Stands Tall."  We had dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory afterwards.  That was yummy!  Our 16th wedding anniversary is this coming weekend and that was our gift. 

We saw a hot air balloon on our drive home.  I think it was having trouble finding a spot to land.
 I had a power shopping trip at Value Village the other day.  The Professor had grown, again, out of all his pajama pants.  So a quick trip and $60.00 later had me toting a bag of pajama bottoms for the Professor, shirts and pants for the Scientist and two outfits for Blossom.  All in the span of about 40 minutes. 
This is how the boys feel about shopping.  

And this weekend I'm preparing for a large Boy Scout Court of Honor.  This is the big one after summer, summer camp and all those activities that earned them merit badges and rank.  I've been working on it for the last 5 weeks.  Thankfully my boys were able to squeeze in a Scoutmaster conference on the last day of the deadline.  And they barely secured my last two board of review slots that same evening.  How appropriate, the Advancement Coordinator's sons are the very last ones to make rank on the day of the deadline.  Well, no one can say I'm out to get my own boys ahead of anyone else.
A scout to tenderfoot and a tenderfoot to 2nd class.

Next week we throw another ball into the air,  weekly piano lessons.  I'm looking forward to hearing those boys play again. 

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the posting. It means a lot when we are traveling. The picture of Blossem is awesome, already seems to be an easy traveler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's getting easier each week. Today was speech and the big court of honor. I managed to get her a third nap of 45 minutes from 5:45 - 6:30 which was just what she needed to make it though the evening activities. That and Grandma Patty and the Scientist kept her happy during the ceremony. It was a big one. 68 merit badges and 12 ranks.

      Delete
  2. I always love my time with Blossom and the boys. Aidan did such an awesome job as chaplain's assistant, very proud grandma!

    ReplyDelete