This ball was fall activities starting. Football, Cub Scouts and Speech Club.
Cubs in a race.
Each one has it's own logistical challenges which are magnified with a little one in tow. And then I picked up knitting again because the weather is turning cooler. Fall always makes me want to knit. Which is crazy because I have plenty to do getting ready for school and sitting down doesn't help me do that.
Knitting for Blossom
So, I took a break from knitting for a few days while Josh was out of town on business and I completely reworked the school shelves. Out with the old and in with the new. We are ready!
The 2014-2015 Homeschool year officially starts next Monday in the Johnson house.
Yes, I'm worried about the bottom shelves and the little one.
Blossom Updates -
- She's almost 9 months old
- Been with us 2 months
- Identifies us as "her" people
- Has the pincher grasp down and can feed herself a Gerber Puff.
- Scoots backwards on the floor during tummy time
- Can now roll over easily from back to front and does this everyday in her crib. This creates the challenge of the diaper leaking. I have to figure that one out.
- She zooms around the "Around We Go."
- Starting to say the beginning sounds of book and dog when referring to these. Starting to say the ending sound of water. Starting to figure out the signs for more and finished. Understands soooo much more when we talk to her.
- I'm starting to baby proof the floor level in my home. Oh, what a job!
- I just realized the other day that we will be the ones to teach her "no." :- /
- And thanks to some borrowed, some hand-me-downs and some bought used.... we are cloth diapering 90% of the day but not at night. Pretty good!
Fun! Love the peek into your fall, and that cute little face :D Where was that first football game?
ReplyDeleteJulie
Hi Julie, it was at Lynden High School.
DeleteWhat a joy she is! It is amazing how much you pack into a day and still keep up with all the basics.
ReplyDeleteGetting our school day up and running does have me a bit stressed.
Delete