Monday, July 20, 2015

Summer Fun 2015...

I feel like we've had the fun of many summers packed all into this summer and it's not even over.   I'm so glad we haven't gone anywhere this summer.  We've really enjoyed the sunshine and warm weather even if we haven't had big adventures.
We don't really garden during the summer but I have a couple things that grow so the kids can munch on them when they are outside.   I plant sweet peas by the lattice and our strawberries come back each year.  Blossom learned quickly where they are and has no trouble employing the boys to pick them for her.  How can they resist when she says "berries" and "peas."

 I have most enjoyed the evenings outside.  In the really hot days the evenings outside are a welcome relief from the the heat of the house. 



This summer, my old train which is housed at Grammy's house, found itself being dusted off and back in action.  Blossom has become a train enthusiast these past few months.  She's been learning all about planes, trains, cars, trucks and boats from the boys.  She's quick to identify them and point them out.    It's pretty cute to hear. 

So how do we stay cool in the summer?
#1 - Sit in  the kiddy pool.

#2 - Go shopping in the air conditioned grocery store.

#3 - Go see a Bellingham Bulldogs football game in the evening.  

#4 - Work in the air conditioned church nursery.

#5 - Play with bubbles!

It sounds like the weather will be cooling down soon and back to a comfortable 75 degrees. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment