Monday, December 20, 2010

♪ ♫ ♪ Five Gollldennnnn...... ♪ ♫


Marshmallows!


Why do we have a plate of golden marshmallows in the middle of December?  Just try and guess?  It's really a very practical reason that went awry. 

A week ago the boys received a marshmallow shooter for selling lots of popcorn in the cub scout fundraiser.  I finally got to the store and bought the right size marshmallows.  Then I decided to put some on a plate to dry them out over night so they wouldn't get all gummied up in the barrel of the shooter.  I also decided the nifty place to dry them would be the oven.  Well, I forgot about them and two days later we heated the oven up for dinner and a wonderful, yummy smell wafted from it.  That's when I realized what I had done and a yummy plate of golden, toasted marshmallows came out.  We ate a couple and then they got hard and we tossed them.   At least I know we can make some nice looking smores in the oven if we want. 

No comments:

Post a Comment