It's been a Winter Wonderland around here but today brought a serious Nor'easter. With all these farm fields out here in the county, there is zero protection from those snow filled gales. The Guide Meridian Road is one of the worst places to be during a snowy wind storm.
Personally, I love to drive in the bad, snowy weather. I love the empty roads and seeing the weather up close and personal, while still staying warm in my car. The Professor called us storm chasers today. We did see some amazing wind and snow drifts as we drove into Bellingham via the Guide Meridian to go ice skating. At one point, for about 3 seconds, it was actually a white out condition with zero visibility. So exciting! I guess it just makes me feel like I'm back in the interior of Alaska. That, and the 12 degree temperature. Last night it was down to 7 degrees.
So, what do we do with all this pretty white snow?
We make snow Slushies!
First, you need a bowl of clean white snow. Thankfully we did this yesterday before the wind came. Today, the snow looks terrible. It's all covered with pine needles and fir branches.
Next, you need some flavoring. Make it 3 times as strong as normal.
In a cup, alternate the two ingredients. Stir and enjoy!
This is the only time ever you can eat yellow snow.
I had forgotten what you put on the snow--Beth poured root beer over it yesterday :) Don't think I think the same about driving in the snow--pretty scenery but not exactly exciting
ReplyDeleteHmmm, Root bear. That sounds kinda good. Like a grown up Slushy.
ReplyDeleteYum, looks good! We made vanilla snow ice cream here, then washed it down with hot cocoa.
ReplyDeleteIf we get some more good snow I'll have to get your ice cream recipe.
ReplyDeleteLooks yummy!!
ReplyDelete