Friday, June 22, 2012

In The Kitchen . . .

In the 13 years I've been married I have only made my husband's favorite cookies a half a dozen times or less.  Isn't that horrible?  His favorite cookie is oatmeal with golden raisins.  I haven't made them more than that because this cookie doesn't have any chocolate in it and it's hard for me to make a cookie that doesn't have chocolate.  My cookie of choice is the classic Choc-oat-chip.  I don't make these very often either because I tend to eat 4 or more in one sitting.

So, why do I make them now?  Because... I am a work in progress.  Constantly being refined.  Sharpened.  And eventually we all need to get over ourselves and put others first.  Not just in word but in deed.  Thankfully, we are extended grace over and over and over again.  Even for not making someone's favorite cookie just because I didn't care for them.
  
On a side note, he's been wearing the same size jeans for the past 10 years.  Maybe it's a good thing I didn't make those cookies, dozens of time.  Does that negate everything I just wrote?

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Crystal. I love this! You are an amazing person. And.. I prefer not to make any type of dessert that doesn't have chocolate either. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are All a work in progress and thankfully so!

    ReplyDelete