Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A bit of Science . . .

It's taken me a couple years but, I've finally gotten over the feeling that I need to finish up a year of curriculum in one year.  (OK, except for math.)  What I'm mostly referring to is Science kits.  I really like the  Exploration Education company.  Founded by a homeschooling dad, it does a great job at explaining physical science and providing all the materials to carry out the experiments.   

Last year, the Professor worked through a quarter of the projects and learned a ton.  It was slow going at first because I needed to supervise and make sure he was reading all the text from the CD ROM and answering the questions in the workbook and then assembling the kits properly.   This year I'm leaving him alone to complete the lessons on his own.  He's told me he'd like to have this science work assigned twice a week.  I thought that was a great idea.  Last week he worked through 3 lessons in a row so that he could complete the circuit project.
He's really been looking forward to working with electricity.  I'm not sure if it will take a whole year to get through this unit but I'm not concerned about that any more.

Last year I reviewed the younger version of these kits here.

1 comment:

  1. Love the glasses! He looks so handsome and grown up :o) but also :o(

    ReplyDelete