Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Busted, Bruised Knees and Birthday Cake . . .

These knees have slightly altered our week of birthday celebration.  

The Architect acquired them last Friday after racing on a scooter and crashing. 

So instead of going to Cultus Lake Water Park in BC today, the Architect's birthday, we headed to the movie theater to watch Monsters University.  Josh has the whole week off so it's a stay-cation family week.

Now actually, I'm not upset about these knees.  I've had allergies/sinus cold and have gone through 3 boxes of Kleenex in 3 days.  I also did something to my back and it hurt so bad yesterday.  I don't think I could have handled a water park day.  I KNOW I couldn't have done the water park today!
We held his birthday yesterday, a day early because that had been the plan for the last 2 weeks.
I am feeling better today and I hope to feel even better tomorrow.  
We may be stay-cationing but we still have 3 gatherings to get to before this week is finished.  
I just missed the candle blow out. Maybe he's making a wish.   

Happy 10th Birthday to my Birthday Boy!

1 comment:

  1. Oh golly, those are boy knees for sure! Good idea to wait on the water park. Congrats on hitting the double digits :D

    Julie G

    ReplyDelete