The terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day did not start out that way.
It started with everything going quite well. We delivered the Professor to math class on time. Did a couple errands and picked him up on time. We made it to Cub Scout den day on time. Got set up on time and even had a great flag lesson outside without rain. Den day went great, right up until the point were I drove out of the parking lot leaving a large filling box tote with checks, applications, and the past 10 years of charter certificates sitting in the parking lot. I'll add that I also left my bag of den day supplies, lists, a couple library books and flags with that tote. I just drove off at 3:15 and didn't think twice. I was on my way to our next event. Speech Club which started at 4pm.
After dropping the Professor off there I headed to Costco and picked up those necessities of life. Then I drove home. At 5 o'clock when I pulled into my garage and began to unload the car the explosion in my brain occurred. The realization of what I had done, where I was and how long it had been.
I called the closest scout parent to the parking lot. They went and looked but it was not there. I called the pastor of the church because the security key pass was also in that bag. I filed a missing property report. The officer met the pastor at the church and searched the security footage. They saw everything except the person who walked off with my file box and bag because the camera is motion activated and cars rolling by turn it on but not a walker. So, one minute the box is there and the next moment it's not. Maybe it will turn up around the neighborhood. Maybe it will never be seen again.
I cried so hard yesterday. How could I do such a thing. I'm obviously doing too much, but all the balls are in the air and it seems impossible to drop one. There are a couple that will time out on their own so until then, I continue to juggle.
Loosing a box of documents like this is a terrible way to declutter!
Oh Crystal, I know that sinking feeling. Praying for good resolution,
ReplyDeleteJulie
Thank you Julie. What a way to bring a person to their knees before the throne.
ReplyDeleteHey, Crystal. You sound like a completely normal mother juggling 50,000 things. If you only dropped one ball, consider that a miracle, and don't be too hard on yourself.
ReplyDeleteUPDATE !!! The box and bag were turned into the Scout Office! Praise God!
ReplyDelete