Thursday, January 23, 2014

One Extra Tooth . . .

Taken 6 -12 months ago.
This is an x-ray of the Architect's teeth.  The interesting part is on the right side.  See the two top front teeth?  Now look down, there should be 4 smaller front teeth on the bottom.  How many did you count?  Five, right!  And another one coming in below.  That 5th little tooth on the right has got to go!
Taken a couple weeks ago.
It's creating a huge bulge in his gum line and discomfort when the tooth pushes up to grow. 
Super cute freckles.

We've now had two consultations and we are waiting for a third.  Extracting a healthy tooth with good roots is a surgery and this 10 year old needs a bit more than the average Novocaine and nitrous to get the job done.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, that looks scary. Strange that it is in the same mouth as the special baby tooth! I wonder if Daniel will have the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, same place as the fused double baby tooth. Keep an eye on the x-rays of D's teeth as he gets older. I wish this was taken care of last year. I think it would have been easier. But the special doc thinks it will be easy to "pop" it right out. We have an appt. for March 4th. A long time to wait but I'm confident in the doc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy. One of mine had to have a tooth surgically extracted - went great and he didn't even need the meds the doc sent us home with. Hope your son's goes smoothly!

    Julie

    PS Be sure to show him this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txqiwrbYGrs), but maybe AFTERWARDS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my! I watched it. I've had to get my youngest that sedated by the local children's dentist in Bellingham, just to have fillings. After I witnessed him like that I never wanted to put him through that again. I waited over a year the next time he needed a filling in order to get him mature enough to handle a regular appointment at our regular dentist. It was tough to know he had a cavity for that long, but the alternative was worse - to me.

      Delete