A few weekends back when Josh and I were at the Christian Heritage Conference we listened to a very motivational sermon on Hard Work.
What we heard wasn't new but, it was a loud and clear reminder. We were created to work. What was the first thing God did when he put Adam in the Garden of Eden? He put him to work naming the animals.
It can be a bit challenging to find work for kids when there is an absence of farm life. The boys help with daily house chores but I don't want them to only know how to care for the inside of a house. As the rain has let up, the outside chores are becoming plentiful. I've roped off sections of yard for the boys to weed. The sanding and refinishing of our picnic table awaits them. A garage needs sweeping out and last weekend the tool shed roof was taken care of.
Hard Work - Done Well - Feels Good!
Love dad's supervision technique :)
ReplyDeleteThe topic of work and more specifically, how my children are learning to work, has been rolling around in my brain a lot lately as well. It takes creativity and diligence on our part, that's for sure.
ReplyDeleteThat is for sure Cutzi, and often much MORE work for us. I keep reminding myself, that with the work comes blessings. I wish i would have taught my first born how to work much earlier. My 3rd has a great work ethic.
Delete