Thursday, December 26, 2013

After Christms Catch-Up . . .

I'm so glad it snowed last week.  A Christmas break is extra special when it snows.  It's like the kids can check that off their winter "to do" list. 

 "Play in the snow."  Check!

We spent Christmas Eve at Grandma Patty's and the boys opened up fun p.j.'s from Auntie Jodie.


We got home in time to quickly make cookies for Santa.



Then the boys headed off to go to sleep, which was difficult and there was even a bit of crying because someone just couldn't get to sleep. 

Then the stockings were hung by the banister with care.


And thankfully all my UPS shipped gifts arrived in time.  Some as late as the 24th.  Whew!

We had our family over on Christmas day and enjoyed a fun new game.  Kilter!
Today, I cooked a turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and monkey bread.   I spent 7 hours in the kitchen from start to finish. 

This coming week is MY week of Christmas vacation and I'm going to savor every minute!  There are two new restaurants in Lynden and I'm ready to try them out.

4 comments:

  1. Some of our packages didn't show up until the 24th...it was a close call. We even had a few (non Christmas) packages show up in the driveway (?) on Christmas day. That was weird. How long had they been there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. UPS was working overtime for sure. I love them and Amazon!

      Delete
  2. The new Chandra Thai (I think that's the name) restaurant in the "windmill mall" was really good. The girls and I ate there when we went to see the :Best Christmas Pageant Ever"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as all our tummies are feeling top notch - we are there!

      Delete