Sunday, December 8, 2013

December - Weekend # 1 . . .

Another whirl wind weekend is behind us.  Saturday had us all going in different directions.  Josh and the Scientist were at a chess tournament.   The Architect was being shuttled by neighbors between Josh and church Christmas program practice. The Professor and I were on the Western campus helping with a home-school  Debate tournament.  He was a timer and I helped run the timer scheduling table.  We were all back home together around 6 pm.  
The Scientist did great at his chess tournament.  He won 2, loss 2 and stalemate 1, which equals 2.5 points.  This is his personal best from the 3 tournaments he's attended.   Now, he's wants to join a chess club.  I'm working on finding him a chess tutor or coach because there aren't any local clubs to join.
On Sunday, we got our Christmas tree.  We visited a new place - for us.  Noon Road U-Cut.  Not a fancy name but a great place to get a tree and the prices were the best we've seen in a long time.  We spent $ 25.00 on a Turkish fir.  It's huge too!

 The Sun was out and painfully bright!

 Josh was just trying to keep his eyes open.



Sunday night the boys did an amazing job in the Christmas program.  The Professor was old enough this year to be a sound assistant.  The Architect had a major speaking part and was amazing!  I don't normally brag about my kids except to family but his performance deserve a BIG shout out!  The Scientist was so happy with his role as a sheep.  He was so cute!  
Christmas break will officially be here in about a week and a half and I'm ready!

2 comments:

  1. Your tree looks gorgeous! I've never heard of a turkish fir, but it looks a bit like a noble - nice sturdy branches, and kind of layered. We'll have to check that place out next year!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had never heard of one either Julie. The needles are long and healthy. The branches very sturdy. Noon Rd. will probably be our new tree place.

      Delete