Amidst the hustle and bustle of December I managed to complete 36 1/2 hours of training for foster parent licensing. Most of it was done in the evening in Bellingham. Josh and I just completed the CPR and first aid training today which was the last part. Whew! I am so glad that is finished! Now we have to complete the paperwork and a home study. The boys are eager for us to get licensed but I don't see it happening before February. I'll keep you posted.
During the last week the boys and I were invited to a Gingerbread house party with a group of homeschoolers. The Professor and the Scientist enjoyed the craft but the Architect was happy to opt out and play games.
| Every house should have a swing attached. |
| That's a broccoli tree. |
The Architect is happy to play - not sit.
There were some very impressive Gingerbread houses.
We decorated the tree after letting it sit for 5 days. There were a few weeks in the middle of this month where there was only one evening out of five that we were all home together.
We attended Josh's company Winter party last Friday. We haven't missed a year yet. I usually stress about what to wear but this year I just pulled out an outfit from 7 years ago and called it good!
The Professor and I made a few ginger snaps (but will make more) and I had the boys make the traditional clove orange. As I learn about essential oils I'm thinking the tradition of sticking cloves in an orange has a lot more meaning than I know about.
Then it snowed! I'll have to post a couple more pictures later.
Three day countdown to Christmas!
You are doing an amazing thing by going into fostering! And those gingerbread houses look great!
ReplyDeleteJosh and I are a bit apprehensive, but we are proceeding forward. The training has been a eye opener.
DeleteI didn't know you were going to foster - good for you! Are you looking to foster adopt or "purely" to foster? (Not implying that one is better than the other, or "you ought..." Just curious.)
ReplyDeleteWasn't the snow fun? Didn't last very long, but oh-so-pretty!
Merry Christmas!
Julie
Well, our plan is to just Foster. It's scary though how many kids don't have an option of reunification with their parents. We will also only foster kids younger than our youngest. That's about all I know at the moment. :-)
Delete