Monday, December 9, 2013

Random Catch Ups . . .

This is where we picked all those apples when we made dehydrated apples.  I should have included these pictures.
 Jonagold apples from Sm'Apples.
 We picked with a friend so only 3 of those buckets are ours.

***********
Last month I took my Wolf den on a field trip to see local historical places.  We started at the downtown Bellingham post office which is 101 years old.
 Then we headed to Bellingham Towers.  The tallest building in Bellingham at 15 stories.  It's around 70 years old.  The building manager took us up to the closed to the public 15th floor for a panoramic view of Bellingham.
 Then we headed to the Mt. Baker Theater for a behind the scenes tour.
All three of the places we visited were within 1 city block of each other in downtown Bellingham.  I'm not sure of the kids appreciated all the history but I sure had fun learning and planning the trip.

 ************
 These cookie plates were part of 12 plates that went out to the service people of downtown Lynden.  The "Christian Homeschoolers in Lynden" group we participate in, organized a month of thankfulness ideas that culminated in a final meeting to create posters and cookie plates to say thank you.  We said Thank you to the police, firefighters, post office, library, city hall and one more I can't remember.

This was a nice way to make the kids aware of saying thank you to those who serve our community. 

**********
We have a stuffed animal problem in our home.  
 A couple weeks ago I tried to eliminate a few of them.  I managed to get 6 out of the house.  A small victory.  The rest I just tried to contain.
Cats & Dogs

 Sea Creatures

 Small Bears

 Random Small Stuffies

 Big Puppets

 Small Finger Puppets

They'll out grow these someday, right?!

1 comment:

  1. So no stuffies for Christmas? :oP
    ps Grandma Patty is all grown up and hasn't grown out of enjoying a cute stuffed animal...

    ReplyDelete