| Bubble Gum jean skirt, Ralph Lauren floral skirt, L.L.Bean jean skirt, and my own print dress. |
As soon as I had the chance I was off to Value Village to find some materials for my project. I already had the cotton, sleeveless, print dress at home so I was really just looking for a jean skirt to put with it. I've been holding onto this dress for 10 years but never wear it because it has no shape.
My treasure seeking expedition resulted in two jean skirts, a cotton skirt, a long wrap around jean skirt (not for altering) and some little brown shoes.
I didn't have a pattern to work with so I googled the internet and took some measurements.
I cut the jean skirt to make it fit just below my "seat." I cut my cotton dress off from the top to make up the rest of the length I needed.
I ironed the seems and pinned them together. Then I headed over to my Mom's to get a crash course in sewing. I sewed the two pieces together and sewed a little belt sash from the extras.
I'm pleased with the result. Now to get started on the other one.
Looks good!
ReplyDeleteOooo! Aren't you clever? Well done :D
ReplyDeleteJulie