Sunday, March 25, 2012

Jammin' at White Salmon . . .


God's beauty abounds on the slopes of Mt. Baker today.  Blue sky, white mountains and sunshine! 

Today, I had no little kiddos to suit up, zip up, fill up, buckle up or pick up.  It was a day of skiing with my friend Michelle.  She showed me so many different runs.  I think we rode all but 2 lifts which means 6 out of the 8. 
Me
Michelle
We skied from one side to the other and back again.  It was great!  I got a little daring and took some paths through the trees as well as a wee little jump.  And I smiled from ear to ear.


Table Top behind me.
The second half of the day had me zipping out the jacket liner and leaving my gloves in the car.  It was that warm.  I even got some sun on my face.  Feels good.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a rare treat for you. Makes me happy to see you having a special day just for you. The the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I concur with Grammy!!! Glad you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a mom-day! I mean, we all love our kids, but it's great to get a break once in awhile :D And gorgeous pics - I miss being up there. (Worked two seasons at Baker, back in the day...)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must go back sometime and hit the slopes. :-) As Warren Miller says... "if you don't do it this year, you'll be one year older when you do."

      Delete