Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Kale Chips . . .

I've heard Kale is all the rage.  I know a few people who have made Kale chips.  I've been curious about this and finally gave it a try.

I started with some Green Barn Kale and trimmed it.

Broke it into pieces.  

Spread some Olive Oil and Kosher salt on it.

Baked it at 375 because I already had potatoes cooking and I have one oven and the Kale was just going to have to deal with 25 extra degrees.

About 10 minutes later I had very crisp, very salty baked Kale.  I might try it again but use WAY less salt.  It's not terrible but it's not awesome yet either.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hahaha Uncle!
      You are funny.
      At least you will eat broccoli stems.
      There's hope yet.

      Delete
  2. I want to make a successful batch of sweet potato chips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried making those last year. Mine never got very firm. Since no one else in my family will eat them I gave up and just bake them and eat them for snack. Let me know if you get them to turn out someday.

      Delete