Monday, February 4, 2013

The Brick Testament...


Look what I found at Costco.

I couldn't resist picking up these Lego illustrated, highlights from the Bible. 
After just a few minutes the boys were saying how violent they were.  Well, the Bible isn't a book of fairy tales boys. This just makes it a bit more visual. 

In our home we use The Picture Smart Bible Curriculum.  We found out about it last year at the Christian Heritage Conference.  It's been great for teaching each book of the bible thoroughly.  It's given us a good understanding of each book with visuals we draw and color to back up what we learn.  
About a year ago I looked at The Action Bible but wasn't impressed.   It was too graphic, too much info in pictures.  So what was I thinking with these?

Spies at the house of a prostitute.  Hmmmm.  What was I thinking....
The Philistines gouge out his eyes.  Hmmmm, what was I thinking...
The Wise Men with Lego coins.  Hmmmm, what was I thinking....
The Book of Revelations. Angels with machine guns...  Hmmmm, what was I thinking!!!
I heard the boys say, "Whoa! Is that really going to happen?!"  "That dragon will be cool."  

Let's be ready boys, let's be ready!
 
UPDATE:  I will be returning these books to Costco.  I don't want it in my house.

4 comments:

  1. I tried to comment last night from my phone but I guess it didn't work. What I said was:
    "Fairy tales are actually quite violent, the original versions anyway (Grimm, Anderson & Aesop). Also, that dragon would be SO cool! ;)"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true. I was given a big book of fairy tales when I was little and I never enjoyed them much. The cover of the book is beautiful but the stories, not so much.

      Delete
  2. Oops. I thought I just left a comment, but maybe not. Most of the Lego Brick Bible scenes are great, Lego fun, but you might want to take a quick scan all the way through the books... there were some pretty Lego-graphic sexual scenes on the website those books were created from.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! Thanks for the heads up Mrs. Grasshopper.

      Delete