Friday, July 18, 2014

A Tea Room Treat...

I had the most amazing meal today at the Old Town Grainery Tea Room in Mt. Vernon.  Mom and Wayne treated the Scientist and I.  (Blossom did great too.)

 We arrived at noon but we were the only ones there and were waited on so attentively by the owners/chefs.
Oh how they were sooooo kind and sweet! 

They brought out this stereoscope for the Scientist to look at.  I think they were distracting him from the $700 pewter, civil war chess set on display.

 He was a gentleman though and tried all the tea sandwiches and desserts.
Doesn't he look grown up?  His face is maturing and he's growing into a handsome lad.  I've really enjoyed having this week with him.  Just him and I and Blossom.  We've bonded and I've gotten to know him all over again.  What a treat it's been!

2 comments: