Thursday, July 17, 2014

Power Shopping...

I finally received a clothing voucher for Blossom today.  $150.00 to spend at Fred Meyer.  I'm suppose to buy clothes, a coat and shoes.  Well, they don't have any shoes her size at Fred Meyer.  So, I picked out socks.  It's summer, so the best coat I found was a zip up hoody.  And clothes - well, I thrashed through the clothing racks a bit like a crazy person trying to find something that would fit, mumbling and talking to myself the whole time.  Those awful sayings on the front of 50% of everything.  One of them said, "I'm fun like mommy."  Good grief!  Seriously!

The best pants I found were 2T capri style.  They are wide bottomed and bigger around in the waist.  The best shirts I found were tunic style.  Sleepers were a nightmare.  That "snug fit" sleeper business is frustrating.  But most everything was on sale and so I did get a good supply.  Mostly stuff that should fit as she grows this summer.
It's great to have a picture record because these are all her clothes now and they will go with her when it's time.

Tami found a super find on Craigslist the other day.  It's called an "Around We Go."  It's a step up from an Exersaucer and so darn cool.  You Tube has some funny videos.  We split the cost so I could use it now and she'll use it next summer.  It was a steal of a deal!

 She has the opportunity to swivel the chair and also walk it around the toy table.  Right now she is still stationary.  I wonder how long it will take her to figure it out. 


6 comments:

  1. Shopping score!
    She'll be scooting after the boys in no time after some practice in that contraption :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was watching Heidi play in an exersaucer this morning at VBS. She would turn to the right and see a toy and spin to get it...and then turn to the right and see another toy and would spin again to get it...and kept going around and around until I thought I was going to get dizzy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second the "shopping score" - both the exersaucer+ AND all the clothes! She's sure a big little girl. While I tend not to worry about weight for babies, I bet all the fun/play/exercise she'll get at your house will be great for her :D Not to mention all the normalcy/structure/family/LOVE. Wishing you all well,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete