Have you ever wondered what our learning space is like? What it looks like? What room it is? Like many homeschoolers, it's our dining room.
What you can't see is just off to the right is a large book case full of learning materials. The little table is still set up in the back because it gives the Scientist a place to do some independent (that usually lasts 90 seconds) work and places him in a good position for handwriting.
I'm posting this picture because we just got this new (to us) table. It's a hand-me-down from my mom and can be expanded with two leaves. Now we can easily sit 10 people for a meal. This pleases me to no end! I was a bit nervous that this table, being 4 inches wider on each side would take up too much room but it doesn't. We still have plenty of room to walk around and that pleases me too. Really people, it's cheep thrills around here. Don't even get me started on new toothpaste and tooth brushes.
I recently purchased new seat cushions, place mats and curtains. As you can see, I need to hem the ones on the right. Ya, lets see how long it takes me to do that. Not on the top of my to-do list.
Doing a mini room make over has really lifted my winter spirits. You know the ones that come with long days of dreary rain and cold weather.
The following picture is a teaser on my current knitting project. I'm almost finished!

.jpg)
What a great table! Hurray for hand-me-downs ;D
ReplyDeleteI like seeing other people's spaces - thanks for sharing,
Julie